Looking for a fun and exciting place to work? Love students? Like, really, REALLY love students? See the opportunities below to see if there’s a place for you in our vision of education reform.
Health Leadership High School is currently hiring for the position of Project Teacher.?Submit letter of interest and r?sum? to Blanca Lopez?at email@example.com.
This is a full time, 200-day position, housed at the school.
Salary based on Education, Experience and Qualifications.
Health Leadership High School is accepting r?sum?s for a Project Teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. We are currently looking for a secondary teacher with a Science endorsement.??Please read the Project Teacher Job Description below for more information.
HLHLS Project Teachers
Project Teachers are chiefly responsible for carrying out the mission of the school in their classrooms. The teachers are directly responsible to the principal and they have the following specific responsibilities:
- Designing an applied learning curriculum for their classes that aligns with the mission of preparation for college and/or apprenticeship by graduation.
- Commitment to a ?Mastery Based? instructional method and assessment process that engages young people in a skill development and content knowledge that is not based on traditional measures of seat time and grades.
- Collaborating with other teachers to develop regular cross-disciplinary projects that culminate in ?gateway? exhibitions of learning at the end of each trimester and/or school year.
- Facilitating the growth of a physically and emotionally safe school culture through daily activities in core content classrooms and Advisory
- Leading an Advisory caseload of students through the four year experience of the school by assisting those students in their intellectual and social and emotional development
- Providing inclusive instruction to accommodate for students with learning disabilities and language acquisition needs.
- Assisting families in engaging in the life of their students while they attend HLHS by providing support for healthy lives outside of school that will allow high performance in school.
- Participate in the development and activities of quarterly training and professional development systems led by the principal and other staff.
- Act as staff to the Professional Development Center at the school; this will require that each staff member share their practices with interested outside parties (teachers, administrators, business leaders, policy makers, etc.).
Operate classrooms that are open to visitors who wish to learn about the school.